We have the garden bridal shower invitations for your shower.
Why do we specialize in garden bridal shower invitations? This photo is a good reason. But we have plenty of other reasons why you would choose to host a garden shower over other bridal shower types. Photo lovaholic-too.tumblr.com
This is a beautiful example of what a garden bridal shower can be.
Garden Bridal Shower Invitations?
Won’t any set of bridal shower invitations work? Why do I need to focus on a specific look for my bridal shower? The easy answer is, you don’t. But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a fun opportunity to get your guests into the mood. You will notice that many of them have little if anything in common with the garden aspect of a bridal shower. And while there are more than enough bridal shower invitations out there for you to choose from.
The invitations you find here are different. And we’re proud of that fact. No matter what you have in mind, the chance is good that you will be able to find the right invitations when you host your garden bridal shower. Here are a few of the most popular invitations you’ll find today.
What is a Garden Bridal Shower?
There are many ways and types of bridal showers. But what is a garden bridal shower? And what do you need to celebrate one?
First, for a successful garden bridal shower you need to have some pace, you don’t need a lot but at the very least you need access to a small garden. If you live in the city and you don’t have any space of your own, you can surely think of a couple of locations where you could celebrate outdoors.
A garden shower is a fantastic, minimalist style of bridal shower that was immensely popular decades ago. Still, today, this form of bridal shower is alive and well, being celebrate in gardens far and wide today. But what is it really?
If you look over the site you will see that it is a wide and varied topic that encompasses elements from bygone days. And you might also notice that it, like many things many new and inspired additions that were not available to our grand mothers.
Invitations for Garden Bridal Showers
Here are a few of the great options you’ll find on the site. They are a wide assortment of invitations for you to choose from. They range from the traditional tea party style to the more modern, and at the same time vintage look that we all adore.
Things to Remember About a Garden Shower
They say that, “when it rains, it pours.” And that can be the case for any out doors celebration. It is important to remember to only celebrate a garden bridal shower when the weather permits. Early Spring and Fall isn’t necessarily the best time to host one unless you live in one of the sunnier States where this would actually be the ideal time.
So what are a couple of the most important things to keep in mind? Well here they are, our top five things to remember when you host a garden shower.
- Don’t over plan, keep the refreshments tasty but simple. Coffee, tea, and the cake are your main focus. Of course you can also have some small snacks for the guests, so that they can help themselves during rounds of visiting and fun bridal shower games.
- Simple games. There are a lot of games out there, and we’re sure you already have a couple at the top of your list. But remember, a garden bridal shower is a relaxed and rejuvenating celebration. If you will mainly be hosting 20 somethings then go for the wild and crazy games. But the chances are good, since you’re hosting a garden shower, that the guests list will also consist of some older guests. In this case keep the atmosphere more subdued and formal. After all, this bridal shower comes from the garden parties celebrated over the course of the last century.
- Focus on the guest of honor, don’t put a spot light on her. The guest of honor is the whole reason you’re doing this. And it might seem appropriate to focus all of your attention on her. But not when you’re hosting a garden shower. Let her mingle and enjoy the company at her own pace.
- Decorations are simple, subdued, a nice tables cloth here and there. Flowers and a touch of the guest of honors favorite color thrown in for good measure. You aren’t expect to renovate your home when you host a garden party. So don’t do it.
- If you will be hosting at an open venue like a park or pavilion and you plan on doing the catering yourself forgo any elaborate dishes. While it might seem like you’re cheapening out, you’re in fact only making things easier on yourself. You won’t loose tea cups, saucers and the like. Nor will your guests feel like they need be as careful with a paper plate as they would with ones from your great grandmother.
Here is one last thing to remember but it really didn’t fit into any of the bullet points. And it is for you, the hostess alone. Have fun. While it might seem like a lot of work, stress and preparation that you can only all but happily end sooner than later, you are allowed and supposed to have fun, too. So make sure you don’t see the garden bridal shower only as work. Enjoy the fruit (and tea) of your labor!
If you really want to go all out and decorate your garden you might find this photo of some inspiration.
Great ideas for garden bridal shower decorations!